Job Title : Business Administration Apprentice
Employer : Sandwell African Caribbean Mental Health Foundation
Location : WEST BROMWICH, B706NW
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Business Administrator
Sector : Business, Administration, Finance and Law
Vacancy Reference : VAC-00285
Brief Description : To provide administration support to an established staff team which offers support to adults predominantly from a Black African, Caribbean, Black Dual heritage background who are experiencing and/or recovering from mental health problems.
Qualifications Required : English / Maths - Grade C or 4 or above (or equivalent);
Vacancy Detail : 1. To maintain computerised and written records to maintain and collect monitoring data for clients including attendance, signposting and a range of individual outcomes.
2. To be aware of and respond to the needs of clients reporting concerns about ill health and any safeguarding concerns to team members and/or senior staff and treat these concerns with urgency.
3. To participate in fund-raising events, awareness raising of mental health issues e.g. World Mental Health Day, Black History, Heritage and Carers week, Mental health awareness week etc, and other related initiatives.
4. To contribute to the maintenance of good housekeeping within the centre being mindful of limiting any damage to the Foundation’s property, fixtures and fittings and adhering to a clean desk policy.
5. Contributor to SACMHF website. Preparing newsletters, monthly activities, posters for events etc. ready for approval to go live.
6. Reception duties including, greeting visitors, preparing refreshments, answering the telephone and taking messages.
7. Minute taking and word processing for a variety of centre meetings.
8. Maintain a stock of project literature and information packs. Inform Office & Finance Manager when stocks are low.
9. Keep a record of stationery and computer ink stock levels. Compile a stationary list seeking the appropriate authorisation.
10. General administrative duties including laminating, filing, photocopying and scanning documents.
11. Support the Office & Finance Manager with archiving, retention and destruction of documentation in line with Record Keeping Policy.
12. Be knowledgeable about the various services available at the centre in order to market what we do and what would be the right service for potential referrals. 13. Any other duties that fall within the parameters of the post.
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 9 to 5p.m Monday to Friday
Salary : £ 168.75 to £ 180.00 (Weekly)
Application Deadline Date : 31/01/2022
Possible Start Date : 01/02/2022
Personal Qualities : Must be a team player;
must be enthusiastic;
must have a real willingness to learn within a busy office environment
Skills Required : Must be confident IT skills;
Must have strong communication / telephone skills;
Must have organisation skills
Future Prospects : Long term employment opportunity after successful completion of apprenticeship.
Training to be Provided : Teaching and learning the skills, knowledge and behaviours within Business Administration
Other Information : Have you considered suitability of location, hours and pay?
The map below shows the employer's location