Job Title : Apprentice Manufacturing Technician
Employer : Carwood
Location : Smethwick, B66 1RD
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Lean Manufacturing Operative
Sector : Engineering and Manufacturing Technologies
Vacancy Reference : VAC-00220
Brief Description : This role will see the successful candidate complete a Lean Manufacturing Operative Apprenticeship whilst working with, cleaning down, evaluating and re-assembling Diesel Injection systems and components.
Qualifications Required : Minimum A-C GCSE maths and English
Vacancy Detail : • Actively participate in their own development plan which will be agreed with the line manager and the assessor from the training provider.
• As directed, undertake a work programme in the Diesel Injection Environment to develop practical skills and knowledge of diesel products, including: assessment, testing and building.
Component Assessment –
• Assess overall condition of unit.
• Strip unit in accordance Carwood work instructions.
• Clean unit in accordance Carwood work instructions.
Clean Room –
• Receive unit and assess individual components to ensure they are fit for purpose.
• Complete Job Card with any additional BOM required.
• Build Injectors/pumps in accordance with manufacturer instructions.
• Comply with clean room regulations at all times.
• Test injectors/pumps to OE specification.
• Report any faults to the Production Manager who will advise what action if any is needed.
• Produce work of a consistently high quality whilst working efficiently and effectively.
• Use the necessary tools to carry out duties in the most efficient and effective manner.
• Achieve personal appraisal targets, as agreed by the line manager.
• Maintain a safe and clean working environment in accordance with company QHSE policy.
• Carry out any other ad-hoc duties as requested by a higher Management.
Positions Available : 2
Working Week : Monday - Friday 9:00 - 17:30
Salary : National Minimum Wage
Application Deadline Date : 26/01/2022
Possible Start Date : 31/01/2022
Personal Qualities : • Commitment to completing the apprenticeship.
• Displays a good attitude towards work, and the aims and objectives of the company.
Skills Required : • Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
• Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel) or willing to work towards.
• Strong organisational skills with the ability to multi-task, and work under pressure.
• Displays willingness to follow instruction and learn new tasks.
Future Prospects : Full-time permanent role with the company
Training to be Provided : BTEC and NVQ in Performing Manufactoring Operations including Functional Skills if required
The map below shows the employer's location