Job Title : Warehouse Operative Apprentice
Employer : Car Spares Distribution / Newtown
Location : Birmingham, West Midlands, B19 3ND
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Supply Chain Warehousing Operative
Sector : Retail and Commercial Enterprise
Vacancy Reference : VAC-00032
Brief Description : The Warehouse Operative will be trained to and required to carry out the following tasks: goods inwards, warehousing and order picking.
Vacancy Detail : A) Goods Inwards
* To be the point of contact for receiving goods from external suppliers, bulk, delivery stock and inter branch transferred stock;
* Check all stock delivered against delivery notes;
* Report to delivery driver and stock shortages or incorrect delivered stock;
* Report to delivery driver any stock shortages or incorrect delivered stock;
* Report to Branch Manager any unresolved stock queries;
* Ensure all delivery paperwork is accurately entered on to the company's computer system;
Ensure compliance to safe manual handling techniques when handling stock and seek assistance where loads are considered too heavy to handle;
* Ensure all delivered stock is accurately entered on to the Company's computer system
* Ensure personal protective equipment is used when the need arises i.e. when handling exhaust systems and batteries;
* Ensure safe handling of all corrosive or flammable substances.
B) General Warehousing
* Ensure all goods received are correctly warehoused in their correct bin location according to teh product code;
* Stock must be recorded on to the computer system detailing the quality and bin location of stored stock;
* For Health 7 Safety reasons, stock must not be left stored in aisles;
* The warehouse area must be kept in a clean and orderly condition;
* New stock lines will need locations allocated to them in order to know where they are kept (see line manager for assistance)
C) Order Picking
* Check all orders being picked are accurately check against the picking documentation;
* Ensure all orders picked are placed into their correct delivery collection point;
* Ensure all orders are completed.
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 40 hours per week - 2 Saturdays in 4 and 1 Sunday in four.
Salary : £160.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 29/02/2020
Possible Start Date : 01/03/2020
Personal Qualities : * Must possess excellent reading and numeracy skills;
* Be keen and enthusiastic;
* Required accuracy and attention to detail;
* Be able to work under own initiative;
* Have computer literacy;
* Must be physically fit to carry out manual handling duties;
* Fork lift truck license desired but not essential.
Skills Required : * The position requires continual use of your hands, considerable use of your arms and legs and moving the whole body, such as lifting, pushing, balancing, walking, stooping and handling materials.
* The use of PPE such as safety glasses, steel toed footwear, gloves and helmets;
Must be able to lift manoeuvre up to 25lbs without physical restrictions;
The correct use of pallet trucks and lifting aids;
Future Prospects : Long term career opportunity with long term employment opportunity
Training to be Provided : Teaching and learning the skills, knowledge and behaviours within Warehousing and Storage
The map below shows the employer's location